North Plains Farmers’ Market
9/24 Last Market of the season! Time to stock up! Music in the Rogue Garden: Doug Plies. 188 children from North Plains ages 4-12 participated in the Market Sprouts Program this Summer! Welcome Blooming Junction Farm to the market this week and the Oregon State University Extension Master food preservation volunteers will be on hand for your food preservation questions.
Our Mission is to:
- Increase the accessibility of the North Plains seniors and community to fresh produce, goods, prepared food and other items. This includes being involved in programs such as SNAP,WIC and senior vouchers.
- Improve public health nutrition options by providing a means to supply and educate the community on nutrition and good health.
- Provide access to local food choices and preservation information.
- Assist Pacific Northwest area farmers, producers, and artisans with sustainable business opportunities.
- Generate a sense of local pride while furthering the economic development of our community.
- Serve as a community-gathering place.